Wednesday 7 September 2016

SO QUIET

So yesterday school officially began for another year.  The girls were gone for a couple of hours and then came home again.  But today is different.  They are away all day to return home once the afternoon bell releases them from their classes.  Meanwhile, it is very quiet at home, with just dad and myself here, with our sleeping grand-dog laying about somewhere.  I refer to our grand-daughters as our girls, as we have lived with them since their birth and they are very much a part of our lives.  We stay away from the family scene at night because we all need our private spaces.  Living in the same household does not mean constant interaction but we usually get a chance to say hi and goodbye when they leave for work and school.  I am closer to my daughter and we have tea in the morning before she goes to work.  I catch up on any news about them or about her friends and ours.  Here's a picture of "my" girls.  They complete our lives.

No comments: